THIRD-PARTY GRANTS AND DONATIONS REQUEST
Avail Medsystems supports Educational Grants for independent medical education and scientific research or policy-making conferences to promote medical advancement, advance scientific knowledge, and assist in the delivery of effective health care.
Avail Medsystems assists educational grants through a rigorous and transparent educational grant process that ensures programs to providers are delivered in an unbiased manner.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Hospitals, community health centers (not including physician group practices), or other similar healthcare facilities and academic medical centers and universities.
- Medical, nursing, and other HCP societies and associations that serve an educational function.
- Patient advocacy and support groups and other similar entities.
- Entities that are accredited medical or HCP education providers for programs that are conducted following the accrediting organization’s guidelines.
The Grant approval is based on several factors, including:
- Whether the grant application satisfies and aligns with Avail Medsystems grants program criteria and Avail Medsystems Global Compliance Policy.
- Quality, content, scope, and scale of the event, activity, or program, including the number of other sponsors, the portion of the budget Avail Medsystems is asked to support, and the relevance of the health care topics and likely attendees.
- The available budget for grants.
According to Avail Medsystems Educational Grants Policy, Avail Medsystems will not seek to control the content or management of third-party educational programs, e.g., selection of topics, faculty, and attendees. Also, Avail Medsystems’ support of a program will not depend on the program sponsor’s selection of topics, faculty, or attendees.
- Itemized Budget (including any projected revenue)
- Detailed Agenda (including program date(s), times, venue, and faculty)
- Detailed Needs Assessment (including program objectives, target audience, and educational gap analysis)
- Hands-on Course/Lab Information Form (required for any request that includes a hands-on course or a lab, REGARDLESS of whether the request is for monetary support, product, or both)
- W-9 (signed and dated within the last 12 months)
- Accreditation Certificate (only for CE/CME events)
Avail Medsystems may receive many worthwhile requests. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we are unable to fund them all. It is important to note that past funding does not guarantee future approval and that submissions can be approved at an amount less than the requested amount.
The U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act requires all pharmaceutical, biologic and medical device manufacturers – like Avail Medsystems – to report annually to the U.S. government payments and transfers of value made to U.S. physicians and teaching hospitals. This could include educational and research grants and charitable donations.